Department of Ophthalmology, Grigore T. E-mail: moc.
We report the detection of HPV 52 in a sample taken from a year-old patient with squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva of the left eye. The method used for the detection of HPV was real time polymerase chain reaction. The evolution was favorable after surgical removal of the tumor and the patient was explained that long-term follow-up is essential to avoid recurrence.
Keywords: Conjunctiva, eye, human papillomavirus 52, real time polymerase chain reaction, squamous cell carcinoma Human papillomavirus HPV infection is strongly associated with anogenital tumors cervix, penis, vulva, vagina, anushead and neck cancers oral cavity, esophagus, larynxand nonmelanoma skin cancers squamous and basal cell carcinoma.
The association between HPV infection and eye tumors is little explored territory. Di Girolamo brings hpv cancer causing virus a two-hit theory that explains cancerogenesis in OSSN: The first hit is mediated by ultraviolet radiation exposure that causes genetic alteration and the second hit is mediated by HPV infection in the susceptible cells.
Pentru majoritatea oamenilor, virusul papilomavirus uman HPV dispare de la sine, în mod spontan. Dar pentru alții care nu elimină virusul, anumite tipuri de HPV pot provoca cancere cervicale, vaginale și vulvare la femei și cancer anal la bărbați și femei. Alte tipuri pot provoca veruci genitale atât la bărbați, cât și la femei.
Case Report We present a unique case of squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva examined and treated in June The hpv cancer causing virus patient presented at the Ophthalmology Department for mild stinging sensation and redness in the left eye for almost 1-year and a half.
He hpv cancer causing virus been treated for the last 2 months with dexamethasone eye drops for scleritis by another ophthalmologist. The patient admits being a heavy smoker for almost 30 years and that in his free time he practices agriculture without using sunglasses.
All other ophthalmological findings were normal. Conjunctival culture was performed before surgery, and no bacterial infection was found.
The CT scan of the head and neck showed no signs of tumor invasion of the orbit or the lymph nodes. The limbic lesion was removed surgically with 2 mm margin of normal tissue and diathermy of the adjacent sclera was done.
At the end, the remaining temporal defect was restored using a supero-nasal conjunctiva graft fixed in position with interrupted and surjet The excised tumor was cut into 2 fragments: One for pathology preserved in formalin and one for HPV genotyping preserved in Cobas polymerase chain reaction PCR solution and refrigerated at 4°C until hpv cancer causing virus.
Histopathology exam showed a moderate differentiated keratinized squamous cell carcinoma of the conjunctiva without koilocytosis [Figs.
- Helminth infections recognition and modulation of the immune response by innate immune cells
- human papilloma virus - Traducere în română - exemple în engleză | Reverso Context
- Virusului Papiloma Uman Alte traduceri This concerns in particular seasonal influenza, childhood vaccination and human papilloma virus HPV [financing mechanism: Call for proposals and workshops] Acestea se referă în special la gripa sezonieră, vaccinarea copiilor și virusul papiloma uman HPV [Mecanismul de finanțare: Cerere de propuneri și ateliere] Human Papilloma Virus HPV Warts are growths of skin and mucus membrane caused by the human papilloma virus HPV.
- Papillomavirus homme combien de temps
- Rectal cancer young adults
- Virus del papiloma humano complicaciones